My 'rant'astic life amongst other things

Monday, August 08, 2005

I came to blog not out of chance but compulsion. In the words of Andrea del sarto, which were actually Robert Browning's, "Oh so free, yet so fettered!" Always had a fettish for dramatising the most trivial of things.. so why not now? So here goes... "Twas a July evening, the breeze laden with remnants of an afternoon downpour. The setting was perfect to wallow before my computer, which unfortunately had gotten into the complacent mood the weather called for and kept shutting down every 15 mins. My messenger window sprang up, broke through the lull that pervaded in my study and my life was never the same again. Little did I know that I was to be plunged headlong into a cosmic joke; a divine conspiracy... I was to turn a blogger in the next few moments, that too out of my own free will... maybe not. I wanted to express my views on my friend's hilarious (shudder!) blog but it was not to be; not unless I agreed to publish my not by any means undramatic literary abilities and fraternize (or should I say sororritize?) with a community of unknown and faceless individuals.

My decision to go ahead with this only marked the first of the labours of Hercules. I don’t know them all well enough to rattle them off, but deciding on a blog name reminded me strongly of the Lernean Hydra. All this topped off with a greatly suicidal computer. And finally do it I did. All for the sake of having something to do that melancholy evening!

Then came the inevitable consequence of recounting my tryst with fate and it culminated in this (not to mention how this was impeded by 3 more shut downs!).

Dunno where to end quotes now...."!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger George Bernard Waah! said...

My first visit to your blog has not left me unimpressed. fraternize? sorroritize? well, arent we bringing on the adjectives! before i begin to dissect your blog (and that will not happen in this post), let me compliment your love for the language, as is obvious from your verbose proclamations of impromptu blogging on a breezy, cold day.

Andreas del sorto - who is he? But before you reply, remember that i chose to ask you this question rather than ask google for the information. I somehow find the googling process mind numbingly impersonal, causing knowledge to be passed on/found/shared, but never savoured by the recipients or enjoyed by the beholder. All said and done, i visited your blog out of sheer curiosity, and a dire need to comment has resulted in this post. As obsessive compulsive disorders go, this is right up there!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Ram said...

all this for only one post?!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger S Barathi said...

Makes sense, absolutely.

Apt words for the blog title.

Empathy from this end - it is circumstances that have made this "anti-blogging" advocate blog...

10:08 AM  
Blogger S Barathi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home